Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mandy

This whole valley is feeling a great loss of this sweet girl. Mandy was killed in an airplane crash Friday night just outside of Moab. She was engaged just the day before... My heart, along with the WHOLE town, is aching for the Johnson family. I taught her in Sunday school a few years ago and she was always looking out for her peers who weren't doing so well. And anyone who ever crossed her path knows how kind she was and how happy she always was. NEVER self-righteous, but just the opposite...a pure example of kindness and righteousness. Heavenly Father must have needed her much worse on the other side, and I know she'll be working in full force for Him...in the way that ONLY Mandy can...Smiling the whole time...

3 comments:

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

She inspires me! Its been years since I've really seen her, but the news struck home! What a great example she is to everyone...She'll be missed but its comforting knowing where she is..

Goodrich said...

I agree with you, even though I didn't know Mandy that well, but Amy and know if she was anything like Amy- she IS amazing. Her and Daniel are working hard with Grandpa and Grandma- right!

Gatlin Gang said...

Wasn't her funeral wonderful. Such a feeling of peace. She definitely met her maker with a pure heart and no regrets. May God be with her family.

video for g-pa jessop