
I just read on ksl.com about this story of a woman who left her 3 young children home so she could go party. click here to read the whole story...
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3880698 Her oldest was 8 yrs old and the youngest was 3 WEEKS old (with pnemonia). I loved the statement the SGT. said..."Please be responsible," Sgt. Salazar said. "If you're a partier, close that chapter in your life when you have children, and grow up. Just take care of the kids." AMEN!! You will either grow up now, or be forced to afterwards when your kids will despise you for wrecking their lives because you just HAD to party! I'm not the perfect mom out there, and I don't want to sound self-righteous, but you have to have some ounce of a conscience to not treat your children this way. (This story hits a little too close to home and it's horrible to have to watch the children go through it...) Children are a gift, not a nuisance, and we don't get a second chance at raising them the right way...
3 comments:
I love that picture. It is one of my favorites. I am so tired of dealing with idiotic parents (not that I don't have my shortcomings.) But, seriously, I agree. GROW UP! Treasure what you have while you have it.
Seems your family has been busy this summer. You have so many cute pictures. I need to start taking more. Glad to hear you like the Twilight series. I hated reading til I read them. My house didn't get too dirty (thanks to Jesse) but reading at work probably isn't good either. I'm also unimpressed with the movie's choice for Edward, but the girl is pretty! We miss you all! Remember the first time I met you. You were the first cousin I met. It was scary, but you were really nice.
As a cop's wife I hear so many dispicable things that happen to innocent kids! I agree wholeheartedly they are a gift. I feel so priviledged for the opportunity God gave us to raise HIS children!! Thanks for the reminder of how great our calling is!
Post a Comment