Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Corbin!


Corbin is officially 5 years old today! YIKES! I know what it means when they say babies grow up too fast! I was a slacker mom and didn't plan out a party for him, which he didn't understand or care anyway (luckily) so I made a last minute texting to his aunts and uncles to bring their kids over for cake and ice cream. THE WONDERS OF TEXTING! He got a few tranformers, lots of spiderman stuff, and we bought him a "buddy saddle" that goes behind an adult's saddle. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, when I have more time to play around on the computer. :) Today I made it HIS day. I feel guilty sometimes always leaving him inside to go out with the horses for lessons etc. He doesn't like to go out when I am out, he doesn't like the heat :(. So today was nice with me giving him his undivided attention and a big "party" day. We decorated the room with twisted crepe paper, and baked 2 cakes, when to WalMart to exchange his transformer from my dad. At lunchtime, he said, "Mom, I like to be with you." That's a phrase that pulls on your heartstrings! I hope he's still thinking that 10 years from now :)This is the present he got from us...a "buddy" saddle, equipped with stirrups, cushiony seat and a handle. He saw this in a catalog a couple months ago and has been wanting it for a while, so he was pretty excited when he saw this all hooked up on Licorice's back tonight!

2 comments:

Gatlin Gang said...

Happy Birthday Corbin! It is always nice to hear those comments and cherish them. Hopefully our kids will still like to be with us as teenagers.

Tiffani said...

Happy Birthday Corbin! I didn't realize when we saw Corbin riding his bike to preschool on their water day, that he was a beginner. He looked like an old pro.

video for g-pa jessop