Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dave actually got the real thing by himself when she walked from the piano to him at the table a few feet away. I didn't know that until after Dave called me into the front room and told me to kneel down on the floor. I didn't know why he was having me kneel, but then he turned SHalyce loose and YAY! She immediately walked 5 or 6 steps to me, then back to Daddy! So of course I hopped up to grab my camera to get some footage for keepsake. SO here it is! (This was Saturday June 7th, 2008)


Also, just for updating sake...We went to Rosemary's place on Thursday for Shaylee & Carlie to go to a little horse show. It was a way laid back event, and each rider competed in 4 events. A rail class, the Hurry Scurry, Barrel Serpentine, and a jumping class. I didn't know they'd be jumping and it was hilarious to watch Jack & Shaylee do their first jump course EVER together! It was a riot! Rosemary told me they would do a "pattern" class, but I didn't realize it was a JUMPING PATTERN class!!!! The poles were only a few inches off of the ground, but still, Jack hasn't always been one like his older brother, Cowboy, to want to voluntarily go over poles. Must have been that good training out in Kanab!! So Shaylee got a 5th, 4th, 3rd place ribbon in the prior events. She said to me before she did her jumping pattern,"I should just get a 2nd now...or maybe just a 1st!" In my head I"m thinking" yeah, right, Rosemary's students that you're competing against have been practicing this for forever" But I said outloud," Yep, keep it up, girl!" So, SHaylee, my NO FEAR girl, took her turn over the fences, and Jack did it like he'd done it a million times! Such a sweetie! Then the next thing I hear as I'm getting Carlie ready is "Shaylee got 1st place in jumping"!! GO GIRL! Here's some video of the last half of her pattern...

Now onto Carlie and Licorice...they are a new partnership as of Tuesday:). He took care of her so well, even though he can't move quite as quick on the forehand as the other ponies, he did make a quick move on Carlie's heart! They are a great match...Well Licorice goes from rounding up the cows one weekend, then the next weekend he'll babysit a little girl at a horse show. What an awesome ex-stud :)!!! I thought I had retired him from the show ring, but if it will make a little girl happy, then back to the show ring for you, LickiPOO!


Oh, and how about Corbin (AKA milk boy). We buy 5 gallons of milk each week and Corbin keeps us up to that standard. He now doesn't bother asking me for milk. He knows how to pour it himself, as seen in this picture. HOWEVER, this picture doesn't tell the whole truth. He PREVIOUSLY drank a FULL glass of milk just before topping this little cup off! Can a BOY GET SOME MORE MILK around here????!!!!


5 comments:

Goodrich said...

5 Gallons- wow, Daniel and I were doing that for awhile, now we are lucky to get 2 gallons done by a week and a half. Love that you caught her first few steps on camera. Rock on

Gatlin Gang said...

That is our milk consumption for the month. CRAZY! At least it doesn't cost as much as gasoline. It is very healthy for growing children. He'll have some strong bones. Yeah! Shaylce. It is always so fun when children do firsts of anything. Awesome horse show stuff too. Do you ever watch horse races on T.V. We watched the Triple Crown Saturday. I was really hoping Belmont could pull off winning it, but not so lucky.

Jen said...

Wow, and I complain to Alex if we get over 3 a week. I guess I better relax.

Love the tractors. If my dad had a blog, that would be his image.

fourangels said...

Can you believe your baby's getting big! How fun! Thanks for sharing your fun life with us!

marv said...

What wonderful video of Shalyce. She looks happy to be walking. That Corbeano boy is growing.Bring on those strong bones with milk.
Can't wait to have him over for a vacation.

video for g-pa jessop