Monday, February 2, 2009

my therapy

I swear I don't know what I would do with my sanity if I didn't have that little arena and horses to play with. When Shalyce goes down for a nap, it's time for my daily dose of THERAPY! I just take the baby monitor outside with me, plug it in, grab a horse, saddle 'em up, and get moving! Lately I've been working with Addy, and hopefully getting ready for the next show year with her. I could get into all the terms, but it would bore you unless you were a horse freak, like myself.... But for my journal keeping sake here we go: We have worked on the suppling exercises with her rib cage, at the trot and a little at the canter. (Hip to knee) and she started flexing by herself, with just a slight leg cue the other day! She'll flex from side to side. It's hilarious! However, it played out well today. Her canter departures were even better than Saturday. Instead of a HOP up to depart, it was a massive MUSCLE ROLL forward into the canter. This video shows Saturday's canter departures, but todays was even better! I wish I had a video of her awesome STOP. If I had shoes on her I'm sure she'd do a sliding stop. She did have about a 2 foot skid mark the other day, but I don't want to hurt her. I LOVE BUFF QUARTER HORSES! Don't get me wrong, I love my smooth ridin' gaited horses, but that's for the trail, and these Quarter Horses are for sport! The sport of getting better in reining, dressage, jumping can all be done with a QH and I am thankful I have a couple to play with in my backyard! :) I'm thankful I learned so much from my riding instructor back in the day, and very grateful to run onto Clinton Anderson's method now. :) RIDE ON!

6 comments:

Goodrich said...

Lacee,
You make it looks so easy. I love watching you- you are a PRO!! REALLY let's get together, yea, yea, yea. We can have lots of fun. Call me. LOVE YOU

fourangels said...

I'm glad we all have our own versions of Therapy! Life would not be good if we didn't:) Our kids would sure think we were psycho moms too! You are the best!

Sherian said...

You are so AMAZING! I have no clue what any of that means...and yet I read it all. You look so at home on a horse. It just makes me think of you bedroom growing up. All of your horse pictures...I'm not sure I know of anyone else who has grown up to be just what they always wanted! You are so awesome!

Cally said...

Lacee,
I am so jealous of your horses and arena. These past few years I have missed horses more than ever...especially since mine died. I am dying that my kids don't have horses. Our goal is to get to the point of property and horses. We told Vince we might be able to move to an area where we could have horses some day and so now he won't let us spend money on anything because we're "saving for our next house". It makes my heart sad to think of the things my kids miss out on that I loved as a child. There you have it...my inner most covet thy neighbor thoughts. Love ya and if you're ever up here...COME VISIT!

Cally said...

By the way, you are an AWESOME horse trainer!

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

That was cool, at first i was thinkin what is this vid about, you were just sittin there. then it hit me, look at what the horse is doin, impressive.

video for g-pa jessop