Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hunter-Pace ride




Yesterday we went riding on a gorgeous day! It was called a Hunter-Pace ride. There were teams of 2-4 people each. It wasn't a race, but whichever team came closest to the "optimum time" which was unknown to them, would win! Our team was 1 minute off of the optimum time. Our team, "Dave & the girls" consisted of Carlie, Shaylee, me & Dave. Guess who got dumped???? Me! It was actually the softest fall I've ever had! Addy thought a rock was a spooky dead cow, I guess! When we got closer to it, I thought she was gonna dive off to the right, but she decided to go left, hence leaving me in a pile of sand right next to the boulder. :) I don't think I've had so much fun falling off before! Anyway, it kinda scared Carlie just watching me fall....:)





Ally & Megan were a team of 2, and they won the FASTEST team prize, which was 2 energy drinks. he he! Lane & Michelle Buckner won the oldest team prize (their ages and their horses ages combined) and the prize was a box of Laxatives, Aspirin and Sleep Aid! There were other prizes for slowest team= a pack of gum (slow sticky feet) and a pack of lighters to "light a fire under them" :). We met up later and had some chili & cornbread, and called it a day. However, I shouold have known better than to ride in my ENglish saddle without some nylons underneath. My shins are SHREDDED from the stirrup leathers!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

where is my provocative picture?!?!?!?!?!

marv said...

Remember Uncle Cody's words...The safest place is on the horse. No falling off. It scares your mother. Looked like fun!

video for g-pa jessop