Monday, July 14, 2008

Update for this week!

On Tuesday morning, Jen & Kenny had their baby boy, Adam Wesley Jessop. He's about 6 lbs. 13 oz. (I think) Pretty much a little football! Such a cutie! I wish I had a picture of him to post on here! I'll have to update this later!

Then this weekend we went to the cabin and took the Perry family along with us (also Ally Hamm & 6 horses). We set up a horseback treasure hunt for the kids, and it was great! Except Dave's mare and Craig's mare ended up being lame or injured before we set off, Here's a picture of Dave, Corbin & SHalyce riding "Sally" before we realized she was in pain! Poor girl!
So long story short, Dave, Corbin & me rode the ATV's behind the Perry gang! Here's a pic of Dave & Corbin after they dipped their heads in the water trough at Big Meadow! Cheezers! I got some cool shots of the treasure hunt.
Here's a picture of Jacob trying to find a clue in the "Haunted Cabin" (the old cabin down by the pond) and his horse "Cameo" peeking inside!
Later on, the adults wanted to go for a ride, and Ally babysat the kids so we could leave. We weren't gone for long, because a HUGE storm rolled in, lightning popping everywhere, and it got chilly pretty quick, too! So we reversed our course really quick, and the horse I was riding couldn't run fast enough for me, since I had a puddle in my saddle, and the rain was just PELTING us! It was really fun! After we tied them up to the hitchin post, we ran inside the saddle shed, laughin it up, then decided we probably should take the saddles off...After that, we booked it to the cabin, took turns changing into dry clothing and just laughing about RIDING in the RAIN...oh, and leaving Dave with a new colt to put up the gate behind us, so his horse was going nuts that it was being ditched by her buddies, and he's trying to shut the gait in the pouring rain, holding onto her reins, cussin' under his breath probably the whole time. OOPS! Sorry honey! I was the first one through the gate! he he! It was perfect weather for some good photo ops, however. The good pictures were taken by Lisa and her nice camera. The ones that had a SMUDGE on the lens were from my camera...;(

5 comments:

Gatlin Gang said...

I can only imagine how bad the storm was. It was bad down here and it started up there. Tell Dave to say Horslum and he'll never have to be the one to do the gate again! Sounds like a fun weekend regardless of the rain.

Goodrich said...

Looks like you had a blast. We need to get together again, soon.

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

So jealous! Looks like tons of fun! I wish I could've come down to be there when Sammy and Caleb were at my mom's (Marlon's kids).. I just have way too much going on and gas is an arm and a leg! You might need to supply transportation with your horses if the gas rates keep going up! Love seeing your pic's!

Jen said...

Corbin is starting to look so mature. Sounds like a fun fourth. Grace is totally obsessed with atv's and begs very adorably every time we are at Grandpa's. I'll have to keep her away from the horses, or else we'll have even more cuteness to resist.

Allyson said...

haha that was way fun, thanks for listing me with the 6 horses, i feel valued! haha jk, well thnx 4 taking me, have fun camping

video for g-pa jessop