Dave told me to smile, so here's my cheeser!

This little raffle prize filly was won at a FFA raffle by Joe & Robbie, I had to rope her to catch her in a 10x10 foot stall...extremely afraid of humans that day. She came from a race farm, and who knows what mishandling led to her fearful behavior, but after being at my place for about a month she is SO much better! She's not a spook in any way, just not trusting of people. When I got out the plastic bags tonight, she didn't care at all! She plays on the tarp all the time, too! Too bad her previous handlers were knuckleheads! Anyway, she now has been following me around the corral, and I'm gaining her trust, and she's gaining my affection. :) Joe & Robbie said she could be mine if I wanted her, (since they need something older and more experienced for their kiddos, which is a smart move on their end), and at first I thought, NO WAY, I don't need another horse to feed! However, these last couple days she's acting like she wants to stay, so...my point is...this little filly needs a new name! SO give me a creative name, and if I use it, I'll send you a surprise in the mail! (I got that idea from Jen :) ) Think of something fun! Happy Name Hunting!

5 comments:
Princess Di has a ring to it! Something named after me of course!! How fun for you to get to train her!! Can I call you the horse whisperer?? I want you to take me riding when we come down next..
I looked at her and thought what a gorgeous horse and then I thought her coat looks good enough to eat. I'm voting for Butterscotch or Caramel. I'll ask Brady to take a gander too. He is pretty good with creative horse names. Love your cheesy smile!
Brady came up with Rosalin. He does not like the names he has read so far. That is the input from the Gatlin home. I will be excited to read what you end up naming her!
Okay so here are some other options: (since I have nothing else better to do)..
Ginger Sue
Luck Be a Lady (call her "lady" or "lucky" since she is soooo fortunate to live at your place) and I will let you know if I have others!!
Yes, Rosy for short!
Post a Comment