Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's your canvas?






A couple weeks ago Shaylee asked if we could, for her birthday, have a horse play day. So, today came quickly and I wasn't ready. I went to the internet, called a few kids with horses and arranged a quick & fun day. I went to the store and bought some non-toxic paint so the kids could paint their horses. That was a riot! Corbin TOTALLY got into that! He wanted HIS horse! I helped him get his first letter started (C) then he was stoked to finish the rest. He then wanted a batman painted on Licorice's head, so I tried:), then he wanted a superman symbol on his horse, too! He also had to do what everyone else was doing, and wanted his handprint on his horse, just like an old indian pony! (Yep, the horses are still covered in their paint and I don't see me washing it off anytime soon. My dog is way overdue for a bath and he's only 12 pounds, I don't see me with all my spare time washing 3 horses). Shay, Megan, Sarah & Amanda also painted their masterpieces on their ponies. Then we followed up with a game of "Musical cones", "Simon Says" and a cracker eating race--all horseback games. It was so fun! Corb was the DJ for the musical cones portion of the day. SHalyce had fun playing in her playpen, then taking a little nap, too.

1 comments:

Gatlin Gang said...

That looks really fun. I've never thought of painting a horse before. You have fun ideas for play days.

video for g-pa jessop