
Shaylee has been showing her steer in the Dixie Jr. Livestock Show since Thursday. She did so good! Her steer eventually sold for $2400 today! YAY! She did really well with him, teaching him to square up his feet really well. It's so crazy seeing such a little girl tug around a 1275 pound animal! GO GIRL! Today just before it was her turn to show him for the auction, I caught her laying next to her steer "chuck". She was so bonded to him, that after he sold, she took him out to the big pen to go with the rest of the sold steers, and it was hard for her to take off the halter and say her farewell. :( She was trying to hide it, but her eyes were welling up. I got a little choked up after seeing her walk away from that experience. He would have been a good backyard pet. Now he'll be a nice juicy steak, and onto greener pastures elsewhere! :)
1 comments:
Kind of sad for her we are eating this cow. I can relate my uncle sold my horse to the glue factory when he was supposed to be boarding her for me.
I love your new blog look. Congrats on figuring out how to do the paper. I didn't have the patience.
For the record that was my favorite outfit. It was 13 years ago so laugh all you want!
Post a Comment