Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back in the saddle again!

Well, this morning we went out and processed the calvy walvies! Castrating and taggin, vaccinations and such. I hopped on Sally (Dave's horse that just got back from training) and she was a doll! 17 years young and just barely broke to ride! HE HE! When I get some pics I"ll post them! I rode her out while we took the cows back when we were done with them for about 2 miles, then I swapped Dave for the 4-wheeler and him and Corb rode Sally back to the corrals where we had lunch that Linda had all prepared. It's a fun family tradition. It's more of a tradition nowadays than before, since there are not so many as before. Maybe it's cuz we had a lot of help. It just didn't seem like a long drawn out day like they have been before. Shalyce went next door in the morning to be watched while Corb & us had some fun with the cows and dirt! It was about 80 degrees today, just beautiful! Shaylee, my neice, fell off her horse and hit her head pretty hard. She's one tough cookie! I made a mental note to bring a helmet for her, but my mental notes don't last very long! Well, we'll see how she feels this week, cuz she's signed up to ride in her first horse show on Saturday! She is officially in the "Cowgirl club" now that she's fallen off of a horse! GO GIRL!

0 comments:

video for g-pa jessop