Saturday, February 2, 2008
Today we watched President Hinckley's funeral and, yes, I'm a bawl baby! I guess I was just overwhelmed with all of the service and all of the love he showed everyone. He never ever quit! There were a few songs that the Mo-Tab sang that he wrote. "I know that my Redeemer Lives" and "What is this thing called Death"... there may have been others that he wrote, but I wasn't aware he wrote those lyrics until today. On the way to the cemetary there were many people waving handkerchiefs and canes (he always waved his cane to everyone instead of actually using it to walk) alongside the road, it was very touching! The weather was beautiful up there. It's been storming for the last few weeks and it was a nice sunny clear day, and I'm sure, as Pres. Monson said, "that President Hinckley must have had a hand in the weather". :) A news anchor that traveled often with Pres. Hinckley said that the storms would ALWAYS subside when he would exit a newly dedicated temple and other events. She got pretty choked up about it, too. She gave a few instances of when it seemed like there would be no way that the storm would clear up, that it indeed did, as soon as the President would exit the building. What a wonderful man!



0 comments:
Post a Comment