
Yep, it looks like a science experiment, but it tastes GREAT! Nope, I didn't use any formaldehyde! Check out Wendy DeWitt's blog everythingunderthesunblog.blogspot.com for your food storage! She doesn't only talk about bottling chicken, but TONS more! Last Saturday Dave & I spent the whole day bottling chicken. Dave woke up at 6:00 and went down to Lin's and bought 6 boxes of chicken. THey were having their meat sale that day. However I heard a rumor that tomorrow (Saturday) they will have the same sale again. If so, get down there and get the "bottling bug" and "get 'er done"! We had 3-4 canners going at the same time and we did about 150 lbs in a Saturday.

I don't know if it's something you'd want to enter into the county fair, by the looks of it, but I'd give the process a Blue ribbon anyway! ;)

2 comments:
Good for you! What a project but it's fun to stand back and admire! Way to go!
Okay, you've inspired me. Meat is one of the few things I've yet to bottle. When you use it, what is it like? Is is like boiled chicken? I know, weird questions, but I've never had bottled chicken. So, enlighten me, because I need to learn to bottle meat. You're definitely set for a while. :)
Post a Comment