October 2023
2 weeks ago
On Tuesday, Corb had his last day of preschool for the year and it was "water day"! So I put sunscreen on his neck, face, arms and ears. I'm a sunscreen fanatic. However, I realized later on that day when Corb came crying to me about a sunburn that he took his shirt off during "water day". :( DUH MOM! I feel so stupid for mot putting his sunscreen all over his torso! So now, he has BLISTERS on his shoulders and hasn't worn a shirt for 3 days now. The only time he can go outside is when the sun goes down.


So as I am trying to take pictures of the calf, I look up and there's a big heffer charging me. Luckily I am on the other side of the fence! Well, she's #108 and an ornery thing! I named her "crabby pattie" (those of you who've watched spongebob 1 million times might laugh). However I don't think she'll stick around our place much longer with her nasty attitude. She's headed up to the auction in Cedar on Thursday! Soyonara, Crabby! Oh, I wanted to get some pics of Dave taunting her, and she was definately annoyed with him! 

5 comments:
Looks like you get the mother of the year award too. Read my blog and you'll know what I mean! Melissa was so excited to be stuck behind your cattle drive. She was very animated telling me about it. Being on an actual cattle drive is now on her list of things to do before she dies. Poor mommy. Labor sucks, let alone doing it on a cattle drive. Animals must be tougher. Hopefully Crabby Pattie won't get anyone sick after she is eaten! It might be Spongebob's best patty ever!
Go shaylee!! i wish i was a smarty like her when i rode Addy and ginger haha. poor mamma cow! hahahahahahahaha nice crabby pattie! hahahahahahahaha! that calf is precious...
Okay, Licorice has improved ten fold since our sweet little accident! I have a scar for life because of this awesome looking animal!!! I wish I was a cowgirl like you! Oh and I want to plan a time to have Emily take a few lessons from you!
Poor Corbin! Sunburns are so dreadful.
My dad says fence breaking beef tastes better because you are so happy that they aren't breaking your fences anymore.
She's not crabby, she's a protective momma.
Post a Comment