Thursday, April 10, 2008


Dave was reading my post about Corbin poopin in the dirt, and wiping his rear. He started laughing when he read how I spelled "bumb". Now I've spelled it like that my whole life. I was always in the spelling bees at school, always been a near excellent speller. He is saying that you spell it B-U-M, like a bum off the street-HOBO! I need a poll taken to see if anyone else has seen the word referring to someone's butt, spelled as B-U-M-B! If it's not a real word, then it's such a sad day in my life! :)

10 comments:

Tiffani said...

I have never won a spelling bee but when I saw the word bumb it never crossed my mind that it was spelled wrong. I would have spelled it the same way.

fourangels said...

Sorry Lacee - I've always spelled it bum!

Jen said...

Bum is correct. We used to tease my sister because we told her it was spelled that way and she believed us. (You've actually both got a point though, I mean dumb has a b, right?)

Goodrich said...

Lacee I am sorry to agree with Dave, but I have only seen it BUM. Let's get together- Yea, Yea, Yea- That might be spelled wrong. TIRED

laceeJ said...

Okay, I was looking up BUMB on google, and it looks like it might be the old english way of spelling it, kinda like we spell "color" and they spell it "colour". ANy thoughts on that?

Tamara said...

Sorry Lace, I know how much you HATE hearing the following words: But, yes....Dave is right. Okay...have you regained your composure....it's bum. But honestly...I didn't even notice....how funny!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support everyone!!.....Dave

fivewheeler said...

Lucy, I would have to agree with Tamara on this one and seriously with the "old english" come on! Makes you wonder why they spell Bomb with a B huh?

Gatlin Gang said...

It is not in the dictionary. Computer spell check says it is wrong and I have never seen it spelled bumb. Though it does make sense as others have commented dumb, bomb etc. Sorry!
Your daughter does have gorgeous blue eyes!
I love Corbin's pooping story!

renhallows said...

lacee...I might of thought you were spelling bump and just turned the b upside down! So, it's an normal mistake. Not everyone can spell bum or bumb correct all the time. keep up the cute posts. I lvoe or loveb or love reading them.

video for g-pa jessop