Friday, June 19, 2009


Most of the kids....some were MIA. :)



When I asked Corbin what kind of party he wanted for his birthday I was expecting 'Batman" or "Spiderman" party, but out came the words "Cowboy Party"! He also wanted a "6" cake that he saw in a magazine. You make two 8" cakes and cut them into the number 6. He was so excited to see that! When the kids showed up they made their own Cowboy Belt Buckles out of cardboard, tin foil and stickers. Yes, we were interfering with the local satellites I'm sure! After they made their buckles we opened presents and ate cake & ice cream. He opened the present we gave him at the very end. It was his new riding helmet, which he said, "Cool, a Army Guy Helmet!" and then inside the helmet was a new pair of spurs, which he called "Skurs"! He wanted to put them on immediately so he could be "Cool". They jingle-jangle all around the house now! I must say that I do love that sound. :)




After that the kids headed outside and rode the pony and Dave hooked up the pony cart and they all had numberous turns riding the pony cart. It was a hit! Corbin said, "Mom that was the best party EVER!" And boy am I glad, he better remember it. Because another party isn't going to happen until he turns 8. :)



As per his request...his "6" cake.


Shalyce loved the pony, too! Thanks to my friend Lisa Perry for letting me steal her pony & pony cart. Luckily Dave knew how to hook up the harness (he delivered the newspaper on a pony cart when he was a youngster).




Showing off his "Skurs" spurs. Me holding McKay, Megan holding Shalyce and driving the pony. What a great multi-tasker! Corbin and Max and AllyMegan & Ally with Shalyce....they are the best babysitters and horse riders ;)

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

You had a ton of kids at that party! Luke had a blast and loved getting to be so close to the horses.

fivewheeler said...

Lucy, I am so sad we missed the party. I did get your message but I was in Tropic at girls camp and the kids were at a babysitter until late. It looks like you had a ton of fun. Happy Birthday to Corbo. I can't believe he is 6. Tell him Congratulations on his silver medal. What a dude.

Gatlin Gang said...

Holy freakin belt buckles! Fun party. At least you know what to do for an 8 cake!

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

What a birthday!!!!!You sure know how to do it right. And congrats on the medal...impressive.

video for g-pa jessop